US facility in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin
Canadian facility in Hamilton, Ontario
Custom Engineering Solutions for Material Handling Problems
We offer our customers:
- A dedicated workforce
- Engineering expertise
- Uncompromising standards
- Pioneering innovation
- Customer focus
Quality is Built-in
We have the people, the experience, the facilities, and the technology to custom engineer and manufacture equipment to optimize your production process and to improve your product quality and productivity.
- We consider every customer to be a partner, and we focus on providing quality equipment and service that attracts repeat business.
- Bushman Equipment, Inc. will not make equipment that we feel is unsafe or is likely to be misused in an unsafe manner.
- We use only high-quality materials and components.
- We examine raw materials, manufacturing processes and finished products for defects that could result in safety concerns.
- US welders are certified to AWS D1.1 Welding Code. Canadian welders are certified by the Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) to the CSA W59 Standard
- Our electrical controls meet the NEC code and NFPA 79 in the US and the CSA C22.2 Standard in Canada.
- Bushman Equipment, Inc. engineers design our products in conformance with the latest revisions of ASME Specifications B30.20 and BTH-1, Design of Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices.
- We test equipment and operating systems prior to delivery to minimize site installation and start up times.
- We warrantee materials and workmanship.
- Our technicians are available to provide operator training, and ongoing field service.
Four originally separate entities make up Bushman Equipment, Inc..
- Howard Bushman founded Bushman Equipment in Chicago in 1950. The company quickly established a reputation for the design and manufacture of rugged, heavy-duty overhead crane attachments and below-the-hook lifting equipment.
- In 1993, Bushman acquired the proprietary clutch line of Flaton Machine Works, Inc.
- Bushman acquired West Bend Equipment Company in 2000. West Bend manufactured custom-designed, heavy duty material handling equipment including load inverters, mechanical and hydraulic upenders, coil mounting systems, lift tables, and die and mold handling equipment.
- In 2006, Avon Engineering, Ltd. of Waterdown, Ontario, became part of Bushman Equipment. The two companies have strong engineering capabilities and extensive experience in steel, steel processing, paper and heavy manufacturing. Each company added to the other’s strengths in serving the material handling needs of steel mills, mold shops, paper mills and other heavy industries.