Custom Engineering Solutions for Material Handling Problems
We offer our customers
- Our undivided attention to our customers’ needs and expectations
- An experienced and dedicated workforce
- Engineering expertise that includes licensed professionals (P.E.)
- Uncompromising standards of quality
- Pioneering innovation
Quality is Built-in
We have the people, the experience, the facilities, and the technology to custom engineer and manufacture equipment to optimize your production process and to improve your product quality and productivity.
- We consider every customer to be a partner, and we focus on providing quality equipment and service that attracts repeat business.
- Bushman Equipment, Inc. will not make equipment that we feel is unsafe or is likely to be misused in an unsafe manner.
- We use only high-quality materials and components.
- We inspect raw materials, manufacturing processes and finished products for defects that could result in safety concerns.
- Our welders and welding processes adhere to AWS D1.1 and D14.1 specifications.
- Bushman engineers design our products in conformance with the latest revisions of ASME Specifications B30.20 and BTH-1, “Design of Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices”.
- We test our products and operating systems prior to delivery to minimize site installation and start up times.
- We guarantee materials and workmanship.
- Our technicians are available to provide operator training, inspection and repair services.
- Howard Bushman founded Bushman Equipment in Chicago in 1950. The company quickly established a reputation for the design and manufacture of rugged, heavy-duty overhead crane attachments and below-the-hook lifting equipment.
- In 1993, Bushman acquired the proprietary clutch line of Flaton Machine Works, Inc.
- Bushman acquired West Bend Equipment Company in 2000. West Bend manufactured custom-designed, heavy duty material handling equipment including load inverters, mechanical and hydraulic upenders, coil mounting systems, lift tables, and die and mold handling equipment.
- In 2006, Avon Engineering, Ltd. of Waterdown, Ontario, became part of Bushman Equipment. The two companies have strong engineering capabilities and extensive experience in steel, steel processing, paper and heavy manufacturing.
- In 2012 Bushman Equipment, Inc was acquired by Xtek Inc of Cincinnati, OH. Xtek is an international manufacturer of custom machined and heat-treated parts and component assemblies for severe-duty industrial applications. We are 100% employee-owned.