To ensure that the latest technology and industrial standards are utilized, Bushman Equipment, Inc. engineers participate in some of the nation’s leading professional organizations including:
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- American Welding Society (AWS)
- Material Handling Industry (MHI)
- Association for Iron and Steel Technology (AIST) – Cranes Technology Committee (AIST Technical Report No. 6)
- Crane Manufacturers Association of America (CMAA)
A Complete Product
Custom-built equipment needs a special kind of product support.
Proposals are detailed with drawings and/or photo support to provide clients with a full understanding of the type and quality of the equipment proposed.
Bushman Equipment, Inc. then sends customers an approval drawing with dimensions, performance specifications and features before the machine is built. This provides the customer with an extra level of assurance that the equipment they order will do the job efficiently and effectively. Our equipment also comes with
- Service manuals (paper or digital)
- Warning labels
- Guarding of moving parts
Bushman’s engineers are experienced at making our products safe, reliable and in conformance with the safety and design standards in the latest revision of ASME Spec. B30.20 and BTH-1: Design of Below-the-Hook Lifting Devices
Products are designed for ease of:
We maintain complete service and parts information files, so that if your equipment requires maintenance we are ready to support you.
At Bushman Equipment, Inc all of our welders are certified to AWS D1.1 and D14.1 Welding Codes
Designing In Safety
Bushman Equipment, Inc. addresses product safety issues during the earliest discussions with our customer.
- For safe operation, every product must be designed for the specific application. Our product literature and safety materials frequently remind customers to use the equipment only for the designated purpose.
- Any equipment that is damaged or has been in an overload situation should be inspected by the original manufacturer and re-certified for continued use at the rated capacity.
- Any modifications to the original equipment must be approved by the original equipment manufacturer prior to modification. Products modified by customers or third parties may not meet safety standards or safe-use guidelines. Such modifications also invalidate warranty coverage.
- Parts Books are shipped with each piece of equipment. They contain detailed information about installation, inspection and maintenance procedures, component parts and a copy of Bushman Equipment, Inc.’s warranty.
- Bushman Equipment, Inc. engineers specify which Product Safety Labels are on each piece of equipment. Customers also receive an Identification and Safety Standards (ISS) sheet that shows the location of each decal. Free replacements are available if needed.
- Operator Pocket Safety Manuals are available for many Bushman Equipment, Inc. products. Designed for handy reference, these manuals are small enough to fit into a shirt pocket.