March 23, 2020
To our loyal customers,
As we continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19), Bushman is taking appropriate steps to keep employees, customers and the community safe. We will actively follow the guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state/local governmental agencies to revise plans and make decisions accordingly. At this time, our best defense is for everyone to stay informed and adhere to the recommended precautions. Working along with our parent company, we activated an Emergency Response Team that is currently reviewing all procedures. We want to provide you with the most up-to-date information and guidance:
- Our parent company and all of its subsidiaries have been identified as essential businesses that should remain operating as part of the steel, aluminum and paper industry supply chains.
- To date, there have been no interruptions to any of our engineering, production or service capabilities. We are taking extra precautions to avoid disruptions to our business operations and remain confident in our infrastructure.
- We are assessing our supply chain to identify any potential disruptions and making contingency plans that may be needed to address such issues.
- It is difficult to know what additional restrictions we will be asked to take by federal and state government, but I expect any restrictions we face will align with those of our customers given the breadth of the pandemic. We will keep you informed of any unforeseen disruption to operations.
- Bushman has suspended all non-essential business travel. We will work closely with our customers to safely provide on-site support as business-critical needs are identified.
- We are taking care of our team by asking everyone to stay home if they are sick, to observe the hygiene and social distancing guidance of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization.
- Employees who can work from home are doing so. We have hardware and software in place to facilitate a scaled-up work-from-home effort.
- Bushman employees who work at or visit a customer site will follow Bushman guidance and standard safety protocols as well as those of the customer.
These precautions will remain in place until further notice. Bushman will continue to monitor the status of the pandemic, with guidance from the CDC and the State of Wisconsin, as this situation is changing daily. The health and safety of our employees, customers and community will always be our top priority as a company.
We are in this together.